Narendra Damodardas Modi born 17 September 1950) is an Indian politician serving as the 14th and current Prime Minister of India since 2014. He was the Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014 and is the Member of Parliament for Varanasi. Modi is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
Top 10 Facts about Narendra Modi:
1. Young Modi Wanted To Join Army
As a child, Narendra Modi dreamt of serving in the Indian Army. He wanted to study in the Sainik school located nearby Jamnagar but couldn’t join because there was no money to pay the fees at home.
2. Modi: A Wanderer!
When most teenagers think about their career at the age of 17, Narendra Modi decided to leave home for traveling across India. This decision changed the course of his life as during his travel he came across many cultures of India and met different people. During this period he also visited the Himalayas and spent almost two years as a sanyasi with the yogic sadhus. These travels marked a lasting impression on the young Modi.
3. Modi: A Tea Seller!
Narendra Modi’s father had a tea-stall at the Vadnagar Railway Station in Gujarat, and young Narendra Modi often lent his hands in selling tea at the station. This is the most sought-after fact about Narendra Modi, and he has been seen mentioning this several times in his speeches.
4. Engaged While Still A Child
Narendra Modi was engaged to a local girl, Jashodaben, while he was still a child.
Interesting facts about Narendra Modi:
- As a teenager, Modi provided his services during the 1965 Indo-Pak War. He enthusiastically assisted the soldiers at the railway stations during their journey.
- Narendra Modi always used to participate in acting and plays in his childhood, he also won prizes too many times. And they also joined the NCC. Narendra Modi
- On the day of Diwali in 1958, many children had taken the oath of child volunteers, including a child Narendra Modi, who was 8 years old, who had taken the oath of volunteering.
- In childhood, he had caught a crocodile child from a nearby pond. Then, on the say of his mother, they left him behind.
- He was also a member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad in his school days. Later he was given the task of the nomination of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Interesting facts about the Indian Constitution:
- RSS preachers or workmen never shave, only Narendra Modi was one who kept a beard.
- One year income of Narendra Modi is 19 lakh rupees. Narendra Modi
- He is very famous on social networking sites and is active and also tweet and post. On August 31, 2012, Netflies of Google Plus became the first politician to negotiate.
- The Prime Minister of our nation sleeps less than 4:30 hours per day and he wakes up at 4 o’clock after sleeping late in the night.
- When Narendra Modi first lived in the headquarters of the union, he used to do cleanliness, make tea, washes clothes of elderly leader.
- In the beginning, Modi was impressed with the sadhu saints and his mind wanted to become a monk and when he got married, he left his wife.
- Narendra Modi takes the blessings of his mother before doing any great work on his birthday.
- Narendra Damodardas Modi was the first politician who gave a lecture in the 2014 Lok Sabha using 3D technology.
- Due to protests from many people in 2004, the US did not give visa to Narendra Modi from 2004 to 2013, but when Modi became the Prime Minister in 2014, America had called himself.
- In 2002, due to political pressure, Jogi had to resign from the post of Chief Minister, but in the same year when the elections were held again, he won with huge votes and again became the Chief Minister, after that he won again in 2007 and again in 2012.
Hope you have read Facts about Narendra Modi, thank you for giving your valuable time. If you have any issue with this article or suggestions please comment below.